Recipe by mrsteacher22
Super easy gravy to make and VERY tasty! I use this recipe to make chicken gravy as well. Can also be used to make a delicious gravy for roasts, just use beef broth instead of chicken. Came from my mom, as most everything does!
- pan dripping, from roasted turkey
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk, cold
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- After roasting the turkey, transfer it to a platter. Either place roasting pan on burner of stove or place dripping in a pan on stove. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Mix flour with cold milk in a jar with a lid and shake to remove lumps. Add a little bit of the pan drippings to jar and mix.
- Pour milk/flour mixture into the roasting pan with drippings. Add broth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Turkey gravy is usually not very thick. If you want the gravy thicker, add more flour/milk.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- OPTIONAL: I always take the giblets, put them in a pan and cover with water and cook on slow simmer until done, about 2 hours. Then chop the meat and add it to the gravy. Yum!