Recipe by Greeny4444
My brother follows the Paleo lifestyle, and my mom made up this dish when he and I were both over for a visit one night. It was so good! Also, if desired, it is easily adaptable, switching out veggies or meats for whatever suits your preference. To keep it truly Paleo, do not substitute tofu for your protein.
- olive oil (enough to saute protein)
- 4 (8 ounce) chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (measure after shredding)
- 1 (8 ounce) mushrooms, sliced
- 6 asparagus spears, thick (sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- sesame oil, to taste
- coconut aminos, to taste
- 2 ounces Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large sauté pan, heat olive oil to medium high and sauté the chicken until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the green onions and garlic.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini, squash, carrot, mushrooms, and asparagus. Stir until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add coconut aminos and sesame oil, to taste. Stir.
- Add spinach and stir until it wilts.