My brother follows the Paleo lifestyle, and my mom made up this dish when he and I were both over for a visit one night. It was so good! Also, if desired, it is easily adaptable, switching out veggies or meats for whatever suits your preference. To keep it truly Paleo, do not substitute tofu for your protein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil (enough to saute protein)
- 4 (8 ounce) chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (measure after shredding)
- 1 (8 ounce) mushrooms, sliced
- 6 asparagus spears, thick (sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- sesame oil, to taste
- coconut aminos, to taste
- 2 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1In a wok or large sauté pan, heat olive oil to medium high and sauté the chicken until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2In the same pan, sauté the green onions and garlic.
- 3Add the bell pepper, zucchini, squash, carrot, mushrooms, and asparagus. Stir until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- 4Add coconut aminos and sesame oil, to taste. Stir.
- 5Add spinach and stir until it wilts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Paleo Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.1 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 41.6 g