Recipe by Krsi Sue
The best thing about a stuffed turkey is the oyster dressing. My grandma (Gigi) and mom would argue every year as to whether it was better made with cornbread cubes or regular bread. I prefer regular bread, but you decide for yourself.
Top Review by ThrasherC
This is a very good recipe for an all time holiday favorite with most of my family (some prefer plain dressing, so I make both). <br/>We like our dressing really moist so I added 1 cup of organic chicken broth and an egg to the mix.<br/>Thank you for posting this!
- 8 cups plain bread cubes or 8 cups cornbread cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans oysters, with liquid
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk, butter, and oyster liquid in small pan.
- Combine bread cubes, celery, onion, spices, and oysters. (You may cut up the oysters if they are too large for you.).
- Add liquid and stir.
- Stuff poultry or place in greased foil lined baking dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until poultry is done.