Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
When I got married this was one of the first recipes I asked from my mom. Prep and Cook Times, Servings are my guesses... It does make a lot!
- 1 (16 ounce) box spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup water
- After cooking and draining macaroni, mix first set of ingredients together, while macaroni is still warm.
- In another bowl mix together second set of ingredients until it is smooth.
- Then pour it over the macaroni and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate OVERNIGHT.
- It will be bright yellow and real good the next day!
This is a very tasty macaroni salad with a unique dressing. I really enjoyed the flavor and this is a great choice for a potluck. I liked the yellow color from the turmeric. Next time, I will add less sugar as this was very sweet and I might also add some additional veggies, perhaps red pepper or cherry tomatoes. Thank you for sharing this tasty family recipe!
The dressing has outstanding flavor! It does get that nice bright yellow color. The flavor is great, but for presentation sake, you may want to add dome chopped red peppers, or radishes or carrots. Thanx for sharing your Mom's recipe. It's a keeper for sure!