Recipe by Melanie M
When I got married this was one of the first recipes I asked from my mom. Prep and Cook Times, Servings are my guesses... It does make a lot!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This is a very tasty macaroni salad with a unique dressing. I really enjoyed the flavor and this is a great choice for a potluck. I liked the yellow color from the turmeric. Next time, I will add less sugar as this was very sweet and I might also add some additional veggies, perhaps red pepper or cherry tomatoes. Thank you for sharing this tasty family recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) box spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- After cooking and draining macaroni, mix first set of ingredients together, while macaroni is still warm.
- In another bowl mix together second set of ingredients until it is smooth.
- Then pour it over the macaroni and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate OVERNIGHT.
- It will be bright yellow and real good the next day!