Chef Schellies's Note:
This recipe is from my Mom. She made these a lot when we were growing up because they are so easy and good. I called her the other day to get the recipe, and I saw that it wasn't on here, so I decided to post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Grease 2 nine-inch cake pans with lots of butter.
- 3Beat the eggs.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients and stir only until moistened. The batter will be very lumpy. This lumpiness is important. If the batter is mixed too much, the pancakes will be flat.
- 5Divide the batter between the 2 pans.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F Decrease the oven temperature to 350F and leave the pancakes in for an additional 10 minutes.
- 7The pancakes should come out puffy/bubbly. If they are flat, it means that either the oven was not fully preheated or the batter was over mixed.
- 8These are great served with maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, or fruit.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Oven Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 455.1 mg
- Sodium 348.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 20.2 g