Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful chicken recipe courtesy of MY MOM! The chicken is so tender and delicious. Thanks mom.
- 1 chicken, whole cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In ungreased pan, arrange chicken.
- In small saucepan, combine rest of ingredients.
- Heat to boil.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn pieces.
- Stir over sauce.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Add more water to prevent sticking.
I have made this twice and love it! I also added pineapple to the sauce. Yum!
Now this was a great way to enjoy BBQ'd chicken without standing in the rain having to grill it. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe, the sauce was just right!