Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother found this recipe in the newpapers several years ago and claimed it as her own even though it was originally submitted by a woman named Lola Wohlford. I will give credit to both ladies here as the creators of a truly "outrageous" brownie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and pour into a well-greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake 35 min or till set.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- For icing: Combine the sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently so as not to scorch.
- Boil for one minute.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to melt.
- Beat the icing with a spoon about 2 minutes, until fudgy thick.
- Ice the brownies.