Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was orginally named "Green Stuff" (as no one knew the real name) until it was later found to be named "Out of this World Salad" in some instance.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) packages lime gelatin
- 1⁄2 lb miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 pint Cool Whip
- maraschino cherry, for decoration (optional)
- Pour boiling water over gelatin & marshmellows.
- Stir until marshmellows are partically melted.
- Add crushed pineapple.
- Chill until partically congealed.
- Fold in nuts & cottage cheese, then whipped cream.
- Decorate with cherries if desired.
- Chill until firm.
Delicious, even without the pecans and Cool Whip. This is a fruit salad that I saw regularly in the 70's and 80's. If you leave out the Cool Whip, it's not as creamy, but I don't think it's quite as sweet either, and I liked that. Anyway, this is the old tried and true recipe from my memories. Thanks for posting.