Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful addition to any special occasion. I think you will love it as much as we do!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 packages orange Jell-O
- 1 cup hot orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pint Orange sherbet, softened
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the syrup.
- dissolve the jello in the hot orange juice.
- Add 1/2 cup pineapple syrup and mix.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream and sherbet to jello mixture and beat until thick and fluffy.
- Add drained pineapple and oranges and mix.
- Pour into lightly oiled 2 1/2 quart mold and chill until firm.
OH!! This is SO good. I had this with a company dinner and everyone raved about it! It was our dessert, along with crisp almond cookies. The orange flavor is very intense. Easy to make. A keeper for sure!! This would be great at a potluck. Thanks Bev, for another winner!!
4* for flavor. Somehow I messed something up with this and it never did set up for me so it was more like soup!!! I used 2-3oz. pkgs of orange jello. 2-8oz. cans of pineapple tidbits well drained. 2-8 1/4 oz. cans of mandarin oranges. In step 4, I chilled it for about 45 minutes before continuing with the recipe. But, I got soup. Thanks for the recipe anyway, maybe someday I will try again.
This is so good Bev. It reminds me of homemade orange pineapple ice - cream. The flavour is incredible. The pineapple and mandarin oranges are a lovely treat. My jello lover ate it in record time. Very quick and simple to make. Thank you so much for sharing. A new family favourite.