Recipe by quantumgirl
I can remember deciding this was my favorite chicken when we lived in Florida -- when I was three or four! It's still my favorite. The curry gives the chicken a wonderful color and adds an exotic flavor to the sweet orange-honey-mustard sauce. I always serve with white rice. 6 WW pts per serving; rice is 3 pts for 3/4 cup.
Top Review by Merlot
Wonderful combination of flavors for chicken. I did use the curry sparingly as my husband is not a big fan of it but just likes a hint of the curry. This is easy to prepare. I served it over rice. Wonderful meal. The next time I make this, I will double the sauce as it was so good. Thank you so much, Quantumgirl.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut in serving pieces
- curry powder (to coat chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced in half cartwheels
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse and remove skin from chicken pieces and dry thoroughly.
- Sprinkle chicken with curry powder to cover and a little salt on both sides and rub into meat.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray,"skin"-side down.
- Combine orange juice, honey and mustard in saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and continue baking another 20-30 minutes or until richly browned.
- (If sauce is reducing too much, add 1/2 cup water to pan and stir.) Remove chicken to heated serving dish (and/or cover with foil).
- Add orange cartwheels to sauce and heat on stove 1 minute, scraping bottom of pan.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.