1/1 Photo of Mom's Orange Curry Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
I can remember deciding this was my favorite chicken when we lived in Florida -- when I was three or four! It's still my favorite. The curry gives the chicken a wonderful color and adds an exotic flavor to the sweet orange-honey-mustard sauce. I always serve with white rice. 6 WW pts per serving; rice is 3 pts for 3/4 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Rinse and remove skin from chicken pieces and dry thoroughly.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with curry powder to cover and a little salt on both sides and rub into meat.
- 4Arrange chicken in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray,"skin"-side down.
- 5Combine orange juice, honey and mustard in saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Pour over chicken and bake for 30 minutes.
- 7Turn chicken and continue baking another 20-30 minutes or until richly browned.
- 8(If sauce is reducing too much, add 1/2 cup water to pan and stir.) Remove chicken to heated serving dish (and/or cover with foil).
- 9Add orange cartwheels to sauce and heat on stove 1 minute, scraping bottom of pan.
- 10Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Orange Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.0
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 212.8 mg
- Sodium 377.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 54.4 g