Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favourite dish. This is like fried rice wrapped in egg. This is so delicious and My mom cooks this really well. One day, I cooked this with my mom and this time, I want to share this with all of you. My mom sent me the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced into 1 cm
- 200 g chicken breasts, diced into 1 cm
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 slice bacon, diced into 1 cm
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- 720 g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
Sauce for Topping
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons sake
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion and stir until it is clear and soft.
- When it's cooked put onion aside,add more oil if needed, add chicken, salt and cook.
- When the chicken is cooked, add bacon, mushroom and stir When bacon and mushroom are just cooked, add flavouring mixture.
- Simmer on low-medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, butter and stir occasionally while cooking eggs, when the rice is heated through, turn off heat.
- In a second pan add 1/4 of the butter and oil, break in two eggs, beat.
- When half cooked through, but still raw on top, add 1/4 of the rice mix to one side of the second pan on top of the half cooked eggs.
- Fold the other side of the eggs over the top of the rice mix.
- Remove to individual serving dish.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 three more times.
- Mix heated sauce ingredients and pour 1/4 of sauce over each serving.
This looks great. I wonder if anyone else has seen the omurice online where when the top of the omurice is cut open to a very soft egg mixture that is almost cooked. Please help.
Been watching the Japanese drama call "Lunch Queen" and been rating the Omurice and looks so yummy and I really want to cook it. Today I cooked it for my little pumpkin and my brother in-law and they are are loving it. I'm very impressed too. Really easy to cook & taste so yummy. It's a bit hard to fold the eggs over but still don't look too bad. Arigato Tomoko San, hondo-ni oshi kata.
This was an amazing meal. Simple enough to make and everyone in the household enjoyed it. This is instantly one of my favorite dishes.