1/1 Photo of Mom's Omurice
tomoko matsunaga's Note:
This is my favourite dish. This is like fried rice wrapped in egg. This is so delicious and My mom cooks this really well. One day, I cooked this with my mom and this time, I want to share this with all of you. My mom sent me the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced into 1 cm
- 200 g chicken breasts, diced into 1 cm
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 slice bacon, diced into 1 cm
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- 720 g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Sauce for Topping
- 1Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- 2Add the onion and stir until it is clear and soft.
- 3When it's cooked put onion aside,add more oil if needed, add chicken, salt and cook.
- 4When the chicken is cooked, add bacon, mushroom and stir When bacon and mushroom are just cooked, add flavouring mixture.
- 5Simmer on low-medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- 6Add cooked rice, butter and stir occasionally while cooking eggs, when the rice is heated through, turn off heat.
- 7In a second pan add 1/4 of the butter and oil, break in two eggs, beat.
- 8When half cooked through, but still raw on top, add 1/4 of the rice mix to one side of the second pan on top of the half cooked eggs.
- 9Fold the other side of the eggs over the top of the rice mix.
- 10Remove to individual serving dish.
- 11Repeat steps 7 to 10 three more times.
- 12Mix heated sauce ingredients and pour 1/4 of sauce over each serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Omurice
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.8
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 476.5 mg
- Sodium 761.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper