Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious and moist rhubarb cake which has a sweet cinnamon crumble topping. A must have for afternoon tea or just a good comfort treat.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free works well)
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, sugar, baking soda and salt blending well.
- Add in flour a little bit at a time.
- Add in rhubarb. Blend well.
- Place batter in a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 cake pan or two loaf pans.
- In a separate bowl, add crumble ingredients and blend well.
- Drop dollops of cinnamon mixture with your fingers on the top of the batter which will spread out a bit and create crispy pockets of sweet cinnamon goodness.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- NOTES: If you are using frozen rhubarb, it will be a little more moist. This cake also freezes well. Enjoy !