Recipe by Bev. E.
My aunt gave me this recipe, I wanted to share.
Top Review by Dine & Dish
This is a wonderful cream pie! It has the taste of homemade ice cream, yet in pie form! I prefer mine to be chilled prior to eating... we had a warm piece and the cooked egg flavor came through to strong. When it was chilled, then eaten, the cooked egg flavor had disappeared. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a two-quart bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- Fold the beaten egg whites in until all are well mixed.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell of 9inch pan.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- When taken from oven, filling will seem a little shaky, but when cooled, will be creamy.
- Prep time does not include making pie crust.