Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My aunt gave me this recipe, I wanted to share.
Make and share this Mom's Old Fashioned Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a two-quart bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- Fold the beaten egg whites in until all are well mixed.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell of 9inch pan.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- When taken from oven, filling will seem a little shaky, but when cooled, will be creamy.
- Prep time does not include making pie crust.
This is a wonderful cream pie! It has the taste of homemade ice cream, yet in pie form! I prefer mine to be chilled prior to eating... we had a warm piece and the cooked egg flavor came through to strong. When it was chilled, then eaten, the cooked egg flavor had disappeared. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!