Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This isn't a low calorie recipe, but it is comfort food in our family.
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Mix together cabbage, onion and bell pepper.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix or squeeze with hand until mixture is moist.
- Add vinegar and salad dressing, mixing thoroughly.
- Top with paprika garnish and refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
This was very creamy with a sweet-tangy taste that was incredible. I made it in the morning and refrigerated it for about 8 hours and the flavors melded perfectly. Tastes like my mom's recipe! Made for PAC Spring 08. Thanks for posting CAMom.