Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make when you need something quick and they're not loaded with sugar and oil. You can put whole wheat pastry flour in place of the regular flour for more nutrition which is what I do. Most of all, kids really like them!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix together first four ingredients, then add oats.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Pour into dry ingredients, stir just until moist.
- Pour into greased muffin tins to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
Quite good! I took the advice of the other reviewers and added cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp), which really added some good flavour. I found them to be a tad dry, but I think I just have a preference for very moist muffins. Was very careful not to overmix, and they turned out perfectly fluffy. Next time, I'd like to substitute apple sauce for oil like others have done! Sounds delish!
I was looking for a simple and fast recipe to replace my usual just add water Quaker muffins and these were perfect! Thank you for sharing!
these were really good. i added some oragne juice and some orange zest to give them a different flavor. i think i stirred them a little too much though