Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From an old Tupperware cookbook.This is my family's favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. I have been making this since I was little. I give a favorite uncle this every year for Christmas. He hides them so no one else can have any. You can either sift the flour or not. If you sift it the cookies spread more. My family prefers unsifted, the cookies stay more compact & moist. I changed it a little bit, original recipe made a base cookie mix for 12 dozen cookies.
- Sift flour, soda, salt & sugar together.
- Add brown sugar, oats and shortening.
- Mix together with pastry blender until in fine crumbs.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Use your imagination. I add 1 cup chopped walnuts, 3/4 cup coconut and sometimes raisins for my hubby. You could add M & M's, chocolate chips or whatever.
- Drop unto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.