1/2 Photos of Mom's Oatmeal Cookies
These are the oatmeal cookies I grew up with. I know there are tons of recipes for oatmeal cookies on here already, but I didn't find any exactly like this one, or even quite close enough to call the same. The yield is an estimate, because I don't remember how many this actually makes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs til light and fluffy. Stir in buttermilk.
- 2Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- 3Drop from tablespoon 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake at 400* about 8 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 121.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g