Recipe by LoveBakedIn
A nice alternative to regular pancakes. More hearty with the great flavor of oats.
Top Review by jessi52
This is our new weekend favorite recipe. I use old fashioned oats and whole wheat flour, they work fine. We like food a bit on the spicy side, I add some cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. No set amount, I just shake some of each. They are great with warm applesauce as well and maple syrup.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk over the oats and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Add the beaten eggs to the oat and milk mixture. Add the melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until moistened.
- You may keep this in the refrigerator for several days or make immediately.
- Fry on griddle until brown. These are thick and take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.