Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom makes this for my family and they love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic salt and oregano and brown in large skillet.
- Once browned, add water, noodles and tomatoes (undrained). Mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
I just made this, and it tastes really good...I doubled the recipe and added a little mozzarella cheese to the top. I like easy recipes...because "I can't cook."
This recipe was easy to make and had just the right amount of spices. It was finished off on top of the stove, not the oven. Sprinkled with cheese put the lid on the pan and cooked about 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese. One could substitute a 8 ounces of tomato sauce for the 1/4 cup water if you'd like a little more color. I think we will continue making the recipe as written. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup
I made this as written except layered some of the cheese in the middle. I would only increase the spices a little and add some S & P. Very simple and tasty meal.