Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes wonderfully with my recipe for coconut cake. This icing is sweet and the coconut cake is not and it is a nice compliment to each other.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons cream
- In a small saucepan, melt margerine.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread on a warm cake.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes, or until bubbly and a light golden brown color.
- Watch as it burns easily.
This is excellent! Thank you :)