Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe from my Mom, hence the title. I put one hour for cook time but most of it is for cooling and refrigeration.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces baking chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For bottom layer: Whisk together egg, sugar, butter or margarine and vanilla.
- Stir in graham crumbs and coconut.
- Press into a 9x9 inch greased baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for 10 minutes.
- Cool crust completely.
- While the crust is cooling prepare the filling by creaming all the ingredients together, adding drops of yellow food colouring to desired shade.
- Spread the filling evenly over your crust.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- For the topping: Melt the chocolate with the butter and spread over top of filling.