Recipe by Moishe Lettvin (1)
These are my absolute favorite cookies. Every time I go home my mom makes a batch.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
My kids gave this a "10" but 5 stars is as high as it gets. Nice soft on the inside, crisp on the outside cookie. I got just under 3 dozen beautiful 2" cookies, and I'm adding this to my favorites!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together brown sugar, Crisco, molasses and egg; add in flour, soda and spices, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Dip tops in granulated sugar.
- Place sugar-side up about 3" apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet and let cool.