1/13 Photos of Mom's Molasses Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
My mom is quite famous for these cookies. Everyone loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt shortening and let cool. Add 1 c sugar, molasses and egg. Beat well.
- 2Sift dry ingredients, except the remaining sugar. Add to first mixture. Mix well.
- 3Chill at least 1 hour. (Don't skip this step!).
- 4Form in 1 inch balls and roll in remaining sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes on greased cookie sheets. (As low as 7 minutes in a convection oven).
- 5NOTE: To get the texture just right, follow the directions closely. Specifically three things: don't substitute butter or margarine for the shortening, melt the shortening, and hand form the cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g