Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother started making these when I was in highschool. They always get rave reviews from anyone who tries them. Great as breakfast or as a snack!
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat lightly greased skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- *NOTE: My mother always uses regluar canola non-stick spray, but I use olive oil non-stick spray, and the pancakes come out lighter and fluffier.*.
- In large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add milk, oil and egg and mix with wire whisk until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour onto hot surface by tablespoonfuls and cook until golden brown on both sides. (Watch for top surface to get very bubbly before flipping first time.).
These pancakes were thin and flat, not the fluffy clouds of deliciousness I look for in a pancake.
these were fun to make with my kids this passed week.... i really like these they turned out nice and fluffy