Prep 48 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My Mother was the designated Milk Punch maker for our block growing up. In her notes she recommends that this be a punch served at get togethers where no one is driving unless you have a designated driver. She got it from the first Junior League Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 gallons light vanilla ice cream (Mellorine)
- 1500 ml Bourbon
- 1 -750 ml rum
- 1 cup white Creme de Cacao
- 1 gallon milk
- Mellorine is very hard to find these days so use Diet Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream.
- You will need a large plastic freezer container. You could use 2 containers.
- Let 1 gallon of Ice Cream thaw until mushy. Mix the softened Ice Cream with Milk, Bourbon, Rum and Creme De Cocoa throughly.
- Place in freezer and let it stay in freezer for about 2 Days.
- Allow the mixture to thaw for about 2 hours before ready to serve.
- In a Punch Bowl, pour the mixture over the remaining 1/2 gallon of ice cream.( In my Mothers' notes, she left this step out and went ahead and used all the Ice Cream from the beginnig.).