Recipe by glenajo
This was an old fudge recipe that came from a family friend. Then my mom turned it into a microwave recipe. It is the real thing!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Wasn't exactly sure if this recipe was calling for evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk, but what with the sugar & Karo syrup, I used evaporated milk! Also used toasted pecans & everything seemed to come together without any problems! Very nice! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block]
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 teaspoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 1⁄4 cup Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cocoa and sugar; then add milk and all the Karo syrup.
- Cook on High 10 minutes, stirring at 7 minute and 3 minute or until soft ball stage.
- Add butter, vanilla, and nuts.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat until stiff and pour into a buttered 8" square.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Can also be made with skimmed canned milk and or carob powder.