Recipe by herby
This recipe is big enough to feed an army. However you may want to make it that big because it's really good.
Top Review by Merlot
This was a salad made for our big Labor Day picnic. It was a huge hit with everyone. We loved the combination of flavors, especially the additon of the avocados. Everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing this great salad, Herby.
- 10 avocados
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 (8 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 heads lettuce
- 1 (25 ounce) bag Frito corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, Italian dressing, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Slice avacados and halve cherry tomatoes.
- Marinade avacados, cherry tomatoes and kidney beans in dressing for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve combine avacados, tomatoes, beans and dressing with lettuce and Fritos.