Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is big enough to feed an army. However you may want to make it that big because it's really good.
- 10 avocados
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 (8 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 heads lettuce
- 1 (25 ounce) bag Frito corn chips
- Mix sour cream, Italian dressing, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Slice avacados and halve cherry tomatoes.
- Marinade avacados, cherry tomatoes and kidney beans in dressing for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve combine avacados, tomatoes, beans and dressing with lettuce and Fritos.
This was a salad made for our big Labor Day picnic. It was a huge hit with everyone. We loved the combination of flavors, especially the additon of the avocados. Everyone asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing this great salad, Herby.