Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
It may look a mess, but it's a very useful mess of food. You can eat this as is, spooned over cornbread and topped with olives and sour cream. Or spoon it over a pile of tortilla chips with the same toppings and eat like nachos. You may serve in a bowl as a dip or spoon onto flour tortilllas and roll for a burrito. You'll probably think of other ways to serve it also. Recipe from Gooseberry Patch.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel brand suggested)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into smallish cubes
- tortilla chips, for serving (or use cornbread or flour tortillas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat; add the chopped onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook until the onion is transparent; drain.
- Add the tomatoes and chilies, the taco seasoning mix and velveeta cheese. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted.
- Stir well. Serve as desired, using suggestions above or other ideas.