Recipe by autumnglory
This has been in high demand at every party we've been to, and my mother taught us from a very young age that it is sometimes wise to go with the simplest of choices. The result? My husband's favorite!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (can be mexican style if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, grated (or desired cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In small 9x9 casserole dish, use spoon to level the cream cheese on the bottom. Layer the refried beans on top of cream cheese. Next, pour drained black beans on top and level. Cover with salsa, only enough to cover the black beans (about 1/4" thick). Pour shredded cheese to thoroughly cover top of dish, and place in oven. Bake for around 15+ minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- This recipe doubles as a burrito filler for the kids on a rushed night, or perhaps as both a tortilla chip dip and burrito filler on a game night. Feel free to double the recipe for a larger crowd, using a 9x13 dish. Enjoy!