Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Courtesy of WholeHealthmd.com. Good source of beta-carotene, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc. This is a different recipe, but very delicious.
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (no salt added is best)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with foil.
- In large bowl, combine bread and milk. Add beef, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomato paste, egg white, thyme, salt, and pepper, mix until well combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake 45 minutes (the recipe says 25 minutes, but it didn't seem done by then), or until cooked through. Serve hot, warm, or chilled.
This happened to turn out to be very good. At least everyone who ate it liked it a lot. My three year old boys did not eat it but they will someday. I forgot the milk but I will be making this again. Awesome recipe.
My kids loved it!!!