Recipe by prattandpratt
Courtesy of WholeHealthmd.com. Good source of beta-carotene, niacin, potassium, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc. This is a different recipe, but very delicious.
Top Review by msmallwood29
This happened to turn out to be very good. At least everyone who ate it liked it a lot. My three year old boys did not eat it but they will someday. I forgot the milk but I will be making this again. Awesome recipe.
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (no salt added is best)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with foil.
- In large bowl, combine bread and milk. Add beef, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomato paste, egg white, thyme, salt, and pepper, mix until well combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake 45 minutes (the recipe says 25 minutes, but it didn't seem done by then), or until cooked through. Serve hot, warm, or chilled.