Recipe by Margo59
Don't remember where I got this recipe. I like the flavor that the sage gives this dish. Often requested by my family.
Top Review by dolores in paradise
Now this is the way meatloaf was made long ago,and all the new fancy stuff will not make it better.I did use 11/2 tea.salt, 1/2 tea.pepper and 1 tea.sage..will increase sage next time to 11/2tea...let the loaf brown, than poured the sauce over for 75min. 1/2 the sauce was good for me.Thank You, Margo59..this will now be my only meat loaf.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed saltine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, sage and pepper.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into an 8 x 4 loaf on an ungreased baking sheet.
- (I use nonstick foil or parchment paper for clean up).
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Spread 3/4 cup over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until no pink remains, then drain.
- Cover with remaining sauce and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.