Recipe by Ridgely
Lot's of meatloaf recipes out there, but what makes this one different is the brown sugar/soy sauce glaze that cooks over the top. This is my mom's recipe and I haven't found one better than hers. I had submitted it to the local newspaper a couple of years ago. Yesterday I ran into a lady and after the introductions she asked me if I was the one who had submitted a meatloaf recipe to the paper a few years back. I was stunned that she would associate a stranger with a recipe. Anyway she said that their family has really enjoyed it and they have given the recipe to all of their friends and they all love it. Wow, so I thought I would submit this one more meatloaf recipe so I coud spread the joy. Ha!
Top Review by Fionnros
It was eatable...but the texture was very similar to basic hamburger. The flavor was not very interesting either. Though the biggest problem, was there were no time for cooking. Both my DH and my oldest DS are picky meatloaf eaters, though they did eat it, they did not like it. Usually my DH suggest that I make improvements, this time he just asked me to forget this recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices bread, crumbed in food processor
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, Ketchup, ground beef and breadcrumbs.
- Mix gently with a light hand.
- Free form loaf in a sprayed 13 X 9 pan, lightly pressing the mixture down so it fills the entire pan ( a flat loaf).
- In a small bowl place brown sugar; add enough soy sauce to make a thick sauce.
- Pour over the top of the meatloaf and bake.