Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's meatloaf recipe and still my favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed cracker (Ritz)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup catsup, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine beef, cracker crumbs, onion, egg, milk, 1/4 cup catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly.
- In a shallow baking pan, shape into loaf.
- Spread remaining catsup over top.
- Cover and bake at 350º for 30 minutes.
- Drain off fat and continue baking, uncovered, 30 minutes longer.
So moist, and so good. I did not use the milk because I used turkey meat and I added 1 small chopped bell pepper. Everything else is the same. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe.
AWESOME meatloaf!! So easy to make with basic ingredients!! It's delicious and everyone loves it, it's a keeper!