Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs lean beef, ground
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together and shape into a loaf.
- Bake 1 hour, or until done.
I liked this meatloaf recipe a lot! It held together well and tasted great, like a real old-fashioned meatloaf should taste. The texture is good with lots of flavor (which makes a great cold meatloaf sandwich). I made this as "Mom" directed and added a can of crushed tomatoes on top of the meatloaf before baking so I could make tomato gravy. A real keeper, so good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe.