Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks. It is very easy to make and my husband said this is a definite meatloaf keeper.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed saltine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, sage and pepper.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into an 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch loaf in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spread 3/4 cup over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 60-65 minutes or until no pink remains; drain.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- NOTE: I grease my pan and I also pour all the sauce over the meatloaf while it bakes.
I love this recipe. I really don't like meatloaf but this ones a keeper for me. You all should try it. It's my favorite meatloaf recipe of all.