Recipe by Jodi Patrick
This is just another meat loaf variation, but it is the only one I have ever liked.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 3 ounces ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 slices bacon, raw
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Partially cook the bacon in the microwave for one minute on high.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon and tomato juice.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place meat mixture in the loaf pan.
- Pour the tomato juice over the meat.
- Lay the bacon slices on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until meat is done.