Recipe by teekie
Yhis is my favorite recipe my mom gave me!
Top Review by Lynn Sahlfeld
I put the meatloaf mixture in my glass meatloaf pan and used hamburger (17% fat)instead of ground sirloin. I'll use the ground sirloin next time because I had to drain the fat off several times during the cooking process. The bell pepper gave the meatloaf good flavor, but I think next time I might microwave the pepper to cook it more. I like my veges crunchy, but the pepper was a little too underdone for my taste. Lastly, I'm not a ketchup fan, so would reduce the amount poured on top, maybe by half. I really liked how quickly I could get this into the oven! I will prepare this again, but with a few changes. After making the recipe changes to our taste, I think I would rate this recipe higher. Thanks alot!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper (to season, garlic salt is good)
- 1 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except for ketchup in a large bowl until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour mixture in a square or round baking pan. Add ketchup on top of mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Serve with green beans or corn.