Recipe by Mary in NJ
This is the meatloaf my mother and her mother made. I think it originally came from the Quaker Oats box. It is one of the ultimate comfort foods for me.
Top Review by Barbara Hiler
I made this for Sunday dinner and my husband loved it. It made great sandwiches the next day. The only thing I did different was use 2 egg whites instead of whole egg. Very easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (use the % of fat vs. lean you want)
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (I use Quick Oats)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pepper (or a bit more if you like)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients.
- I just gush it together lightly with my clean hands.
- Pack into a standard loaf pan.
- I spray with Pam first.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Great cold in sandwiches with ketchup!