Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have never liked meatloaf, with the exception of my mom's. I remember always helping make meatloaf dinner with mom and nana, and now my daughter gets to do the same. Meatloaf goes really well with scalloped potatoes and seasonal veggies
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup (Heinz is best)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- parsley (to taste)
- basil (to taste)
- rosemary (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 5 ounces milk
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Mix together all ingredients, except ground beef, until well combined.
- Add ground beef to mixture mixing together thoroughly.
- Put mixture into loaf pan, packing it down as you go.
- Bake for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- When meatloaf is done, let rest in pan for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Sauce (optional): Mix together can of soup and 5 oz milk and heat. Pour over cooked meatloaf like gravy.
Awesome meatloaf! This held together really well, and the flavours were delicious. I opted to make the "gravy" and poured it over the potatoes....mmm... comfort food at it's best! Thanks for posting!