Recipe by Canadian Pixie
I have never liked meatloaf, with the exception of my mom's. I remember always helping make meatloaf dinner with mom and nana, and now my daughter gets to do the same. Meatloaf goes really well with scalloped potatoes and seasonal veggies
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Awesome meatloaf! This held together really well, and the flavours were delicious. I opted to make the "gravy" and poured it over the potatoes....mmm... comfort food at it's best! Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup (Heinz is best)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- parsley (to taste)
- basil (to taste)
- rosemary (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 5 ounces milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Mix together all ingredients, except ground beef, until well combined.
- Add ground beef to mixture mixing together thoroughly.
- Put mixture into loaf pan, packing it down as you go.
- Bake for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- When meatloaf is done, let rest in pan for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Sauce (optional): Mix together can of soup and 5 oz milk and heat. Pour over cooked meatloaf like gravy.