Recipe by MissJennifer
My favorite meatloaf from my mom's recipe. Ground beef, turkey sausage,(make sure it is turkey sausage! if you do get ground turkey like I did on accident once, just use extra spices for more flavor!) crackers, eggs, ketchup, woo sauce, onions, garlic powder. Serving size depends on how much you like it! It's good leftover the next day on sandwiches, too. Also, you could divide this mix up and add onion, green pepper, or other veggies to each person's liking and put in small loaf pans. Sometimes I make this into two loaves and save the second one for another day or even freeze it. (Just cut the bake time down or it'll burn!)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 45 saltine crackers, crumbled (1 long 'sleeve')
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- onions (to taste) or onion powder (to taste)
- ketchup (for the top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix (with a fork or your hands) all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape into a loaf, making an indentation on top (for extra ketchup).
- Place in 9 x 13 pan (or loaf/bread pan) & top with ketchup.
- Bake at 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until done. (Cut down middle and test for doneness.) Serve!