Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom made this meat loaf recipe up when I was a child. Back then, I dreaded "meat loaf night", but now it is one of my favorite meals. It's a good cool weather dish that even my 10 year old daughter will eat.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 onion, diced small
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced small
- 2 eggs
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 -2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients together, adding the oats last.
- Add oats until mixture holds together well.
- Form 2 loaves and place side by side in 13 x 9 pan.
- You may add a little ketchup to the top if you like it.
- Add a small amount of water in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes.