Recipe by ErinM
My mom found this recipe somewhere years ago and its a nice switch-up from a regular potato salad.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I cut this recipe in half for 4 of us, & we all really liked this unusual salad, especially so my veggie son & his wife! As is usual with potato dishes like this, I didn't peel the potatoes, but made sure the pieces of peel weren't more than spoon-size! Thanks for the keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dill pickle (can also use pickle relish)
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until soft (like for mashed potatoes). Mash hot potatoes in a bowl with butter, mustard, and milk until blended and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Can garnish with egg yolk and/or celery leaves.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.