Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best macaroni salad. It makes a huge batch, so it's great for a potluck or barbeque party, or for sharing with friends. Plan to make it a day ahead of time...it has to "percolate" overnight to blend flavors.
- 4 cups raw macaroni
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- Cook and drain macaroni and let cool.
- Mix milk, mayo, sugar and vinegar.
- Add to cooled pasta.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Don't be disturbed by the strong vinegar aroma. This will disappear overnight.