Recipe by EmmyLynn
This is the most amazing macaroni recipe EVER. My mother found it in a Mennonite cookbook, and now it is a staple at every family gathering, potluck, cookout, etc. It's easy to make & can be prepared a day ahead. YUMMY!!!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni until just al dente. You don't want it mushy! Drain and rinse.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, cheese, and macaroni. Mix well. Sometimes I substitute all or half of the sour cream with Prairie Farms French Onion Dip. You can also add some minced onion. It's good any way!
- Pour into 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.