Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I remember these fondly from my youngers days. Not my own mom's recipe, but one that came from her boss's wife.
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease/flour an 8 x 8" square baking pan.
- In a saucepan melt the chocolate morsels, baking chocolate and butter.
- When melted add the vanilla.
- Beat the eggs'til light and foamy.
- Mix in the sugar and beat'til thick and lemony color.
- Add melted chocolate mixture to eggs and beat'til blended.
- Mix in the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the marshmallows, and if you're using the pecans stir them in too.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Makes 16 2" brownies or 20 smaller ones.
These were flaky on the outside, and very tender inside. Very chocolatey and yummy! The marshmallows melted while the brownies were baking, but they were still delicious!
I made this tonight. Easy to put together. Moist on inside - I did bake for 35 minutes. I did not add the nuts. My kids loved it...