Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is always a hit at parties as an appetizer. This must be made 24 hrs in advance, so the flavors blend and completely change. You do not taste the Miracle Whip at all, but it has less fat than Mayo. I'm not a Miracle Whip fan and this is the only time I ever use it.
- 5 lbs medium cooked shrimp
- 1 quart Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- Mix together Miracle Whip and lemon juice.
- Add shrimp and onions.
- Mix together and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. This is very important to get the right flavor.
I had added this recipe to my book because it was so unusual, after a couple of years, I just had to try it and see if "it didn't taste like Miracle Whip". While it was fine, it was nothing more than shrimp in MW and onions. Letting it sit does enhance the onion flavor but it is shrimp coated w/ MW and it's quite messy to eat.