Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Mom makes these year round (if she can get the cucumbers)... which is a good thing, because I love 'em. :) If you like pickled veggies, you'll love these! Prep time includes marination.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- black pepper, to taste
- Peel the cucumber and slice it thin.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a container (I use a Tupperware-like one), then add the sliced cucumber.
- Stir to coat the veggie well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
I almost never give a less favorable review, but one cup of cider vinegar for one cucumber is way too much. No one could eat more than two bites it was so "vinegary". I ended up throwing it away. I'm sorry but this just wasn't for us.
This was very quick and easy. I am not a huge fan of soy sauce, so I used only 1 T of soy sauce instead of 2 T's which the recipe called for. This is delicious. Even my husband ate this and he is not usually a fan of "pickled" anything.
These are so easy to make, and so delicious!